Batley Library is now open for Ring and Read! It’s super easy to do, just follow these instructions:
- Stay at home, do not travel to the library! Phone 01484 414868 and speak to a Customer Service Officer who will ask you for your name, library card and how many books you would like up to a maximum of six.
- Tell the CSO exactly what kind of books you would like to read. Crime? Horror? Romance? If you like, try and give the names of a couple of your favourite authors. Anything you can give to help out the staff filling in your order will be greatly appreciated and will make their job easier. Although you cannot request specific books.
- Make an appointment. At Batley these will be between 12:30 and 15:30 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Appointments can be booked 48 hours in advance.
- Sit back and wait! The staff at Batley Library will select books based on your given criteria. They will use your user history to tailor their selections and will try their absolute best not to give you something you have already read.
- Turn up at the side entrance on New Way. The front entrance is not currently in use, so if you go there you will be waiting for a long time! At the side entrance a member of staff will ask you to confirm your identity and will place your bag of books on a table which you can then pick up. Please note; you will not be allowed inside the building.
- Take your bag of books home, put your feet up and enjoy!
Batley Library will also have a green wheelie bin outside the side entrance during the appointment times for you to return your books to us. You do not need an appointment to return books, just show up and drop them in the bin! These will then be quarantined for 72 hours before they are put back on the shelves ready to be picked.